Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Helping Rabbits in Need

It's amazing how two little creatures that I have not even met yet, have changed my life.  My credit score went up again.  I've entered a whole new community.  My love for reading non-fiction books is being nourished. My body is getting stronger through exercise.  My mind is focusing less on my disabilities.  I'm even finding different ways of dealing with the pain when it comes.   All of this is happening because I am prepping myself financially, intellectually, and emotionally to be a bunny mom!

My future bunnies have done so much for me.  I want to do more for them, and all bunnies.  Creating this blog and doing volunteer work doesn't seem to be enough for me.  I want to do more.

Many animal shelters and rescues have wish lists.  Some are listed on the right side of this blog, towards the bottom.  However, there are many, many more in existence. You can pick one from this blog, or search the shelters and rescues on the Internet.  Wish lists allow you to see the specific things that shelters and rescues need, such as blankets, food, toys, etc.  Tending to a wish list allows you to play Santa whenever you want!  There are many other ways to help, as well:

AmazonSmile has a program that will donate when you buy items from Amazon.  Amazon states that "AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you...The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases."  Now, 0.5% does not seem like much, but the more people that become involved, the more money will be donated.  Over time, things do add up.

Learn about AmazonSmile:  http://smile.amazon.com/about

Charities that are interested in receiving donations through AmazonSmile should visit https://org.amazon.com/ to learn more.

Helping rabbits and others in need can be as simple as using an Internet search engine.  Goodsearch, helps a variety of people and animals.  When you use the Goodsearch search engine, money is donated to a charity that you pick.  Again, the amount is very small, but don't let that discourage you.  Great things happen when tiny strides of progress are combined.  If you want to help rabbits through Goodsearch, you can choose for Special Bunny (an agency that helps bunnies with disabilities and non-disabled rabbits) to receive donations when you search the Internet.

Goodsearch:  https://www.goodsearch.org

----------
Sources:
1) Amazon, About AmazonSmile
2) Goodsearch
3) Special Bunny