Tuesday, September 3, 2019

My Life has Changed Forever

I've been planning to have more posts about science, particularly biology, and was looking forward to writing them, especially one about teeth.  However, a few things happened, which lead to me taking a break from this blog.  The first thing was that my hands were giving me lots of trouble.  Carpal tunnel symptoms are very adept at finding me.  So for months, my hands were plagued with pain and odd, uncomfortable sensations.  Keeping my typing down to mainly just my two volunteer jobs helped a lot.

Somewhere around June of this year, my frustration of not being able to work a salary job due to two disabilities took a turn.  As throughout these past 3 years, there were moments when I thought, "Wow, I'm doing so well, I think I'm ready to work again," only to be followed by some setback.  I was a 0 on the dial of life, which is better than a negative number, of course...still...

Now, in Sept., I'm a business woman, getting ready to open her own business and market her creativity....later on this month!  I live as a business woman and think as a business woman...all the time.  There's a lot of things I can rightly attribute to my transformation, and that includes the rabbits.  During the 1990s I rode an enormous wave of creativity in art and the written word, but by the early 2000s, such gushers had dried.   While there were cracks and stirrings as the years went on, writing for a rabbit rescue really set me back on the path.  For every newsletter, I create short pieces of whimsical writings.  The most current newsletter also includes an article that I wrote.  Volunteering for rabbit rescues has benefited me in almost every facet of my life.  Volunteering truly is the gift that keeps on giving.